Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year!!

Domestic Goddess rules again!!! Made this chicken, leek and mushroom pie for dinner tonight and the hubby said it was the best pastry he has ever said- probably an exaggeration but coming from a chef I was chuffed, none the less.....This won't be a weekly event however as I felt completely chained to the stove for hours - You have to wonder how all those pilgrims of old handled cooking all day, every day all year!!!

I bought the most fabulous cookbook whilst in NZ called The Best of Annabel Langbein " Great Food for Busy Lives"- fantastic, has absolutely everything in it that a fledgling Domestic Goddess needs!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Michelle! found your blog on your SIS profile so I thought I'd drop in & say 'HI" !!
That pie looks delicious!!!! I've always been too scared to cook pie for some reason!!! You've inspired me to give it a go!!!
see you at SIS!!